About Li’l Mell
Li’l Mell is a comic about wee adorable children doing wee adorable things, written by Shaenon K. Garrity and drawn by a variety of artists who are usually not Shaenon K. Garrity. So far there have been six completed storylines:
- Day One, drawn by Vera Brosgol and Bill Mudron. Mell and Sergio set out on their first day of first grade.
- The Horror of Rukavina Caverns, drawn by Shaenon K. Garrity. The class takes a very educational trip to a cave.
- Door to Door, drawn by Andre Richard. A short interlude about the social contract.
- Brain Wars, drawn by Andrew Farago. Mell and Sergio feel the white-hot excitement of competitive academic problem-solving.
- Adjustment, drawn by Neil Babra. In the not-too-distant future, the adult Sergio has a flawless and complication-free plan to change his childhood for the better.
- Homeschool Joe Goes to School, drawn by Shaenon K. Garrity. Mell finds a totally butt-kicking entry for Show and Tell.
Li’l Mell is a semi-spinoff of Shaenon’s strip Narbonic, in which an older Mell appears as the intern at Narbonics Labs. It also runs on the webcomics site Girlamatic.
When will the next Li’l Mell storyline start? When an opportunity presents itself.